Project Job Broker
This project “Competency and learning development for Job Brokers in the EU” aims to develop, design and validate a series of VET – related developments to support the newly-emerging occupational profile of the “Job Broker” in Europe.
The project addresses one of the key objectives of the EU strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (ET 2020) bringing together 8 EU countries to develop and validate jointly a new curriculum programme which contributes towards improving the quality, efficiency and relevance (Attractiveness) of VET to the needs of the labour market.
The role of the effective “Job Broker” is emerging as a key player in VET provision – a professional, working in a variety of contexts (Public Employment Services, Job Counselling, VET organisations) identifying and matching learners on publicly funded VET and employment programmes into sustained job opportunities.
Job Brokers work with local businesses and companies to identify their labour market (recruitment) requirements - and match these opportunities to local job-seekers.
Therefore the specific project activities are:
- In-depth, comprehensive transnational research study and comparative analysis of job brokering factors, policies, practices.
- Development of a JB occupational Profile aligned to NQFs and the EQFs.
- Design and development of a Curriculum Programme and a “Train the Trainers” strategy for effective job brokering.
- Pilot projects to test the Curriculum Programme.
- Produce a guidance tool for the successful Job Broker.
- Validation of the training programme leading to accreditation.
- Network Legacy Plan to work towards creating a Network of competent Job Brokers able to foster mobility across partner countries.
Our European partners are:
- Rinova (England)
- Documenta (Spain)
- abif (Austria)
- MMC (Cyprus)
- Dimitra (Greece)
- Vinnumálastofnun (Iceland)
- E.RI.FO (Italy)
Informations about the project:
Newsletter E-zine Issue 2 english