About the Listen Function: ReadSpeaker webReader
With ReadSpeaker webReader, the content on a website can be read aloud to you. Just one click, and the text on a web page is simultaneously read aloud and highlighted so you can easily follow along, regardless of device or where you may be. This makes the content more accessible and visiting the website is a more enriching experience. As a user, you don't have to download anything.
Activate webReader by clicking the Listen button.
webReader also allows you to:
- Select text and click the listen icon that appears to have the selected text read.
- Hover over a paragraph of text to have it read out automatically.
- View a clutter-free version of the web page with text in your preferred font, size and color as it is read aloud and highlighted.
- Download an audio version of your content for offline listening.
- Translate a selected text to a number of languages and have the text read in the target language.
- Personalize reading speed, highlighting colors, and more.
- Select a word and find its definition in the dictionary.
- Choose the reading language.
Clear instructions on how to use each feature are provided in the Help Tool, which is found in the toolbar. Try reading through the Help Tool to pick up ideas on how to make optimal use of webReader's features!
Accessibility: webReader is fully keyboard accessible. It can be activated using the access key “L”. How you use access keys depends on which browser you use. Inside webReader, you can use tab/shift+tab to navigate and press enter to activate a certain button or option.
Cookies: webReader is best used with cookies enabled, as it will allow the user’s personal settings to be saved between sessions.
Platforms and web browsers: webReader is a device-independent and cross-platform solution. It should work with:
- All commonly used online devices: pc, laptop, Chromebook, tablet, smartphone, and more.
- All major operating systems: Windows, Chrome, Android, iOS, macOS, and more.
- All major browsers:
- for laptops and PCs: IE7+, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- for mobile devices: Safari and Chrome on iOS devices, Chrome on Android devices, Chrome and Edge on Windows Phone
To learn more about ReadSpeaker, visit www.readspeaker.com